Is a Drayton TRV4 trv the same as an RT212?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone here can help me out with a radiator problem. I've just bought a house and although most of the house is fine I've hit a snag with the radiators. There are 6 radiators in all.

3 look like this: http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebi...on-15mm-Angled-TRV-White-Head-RT212_large.jpg and say "Lifestyle" on the top and 3 look like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Thermostatic...00/s/MTA0N1gxNTUy/z/QRwAAMXQVT9Srbis/$_35.JPG with "British Gas" written on the top.

Having read //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=240549 and //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/need-to-replace-a-british-gas-trv.302588/ it seems like the three "Lifestyle" trv's which don't work (two will only heat up if the trv cap is removed and one is too hot to touch even when it has been turned off for 6 hours) are TR212 and the three "British Gas" ones which do work are Drayton TRV4.

The trouble is that //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=240549 suggests that the TR212 and TRV4 should be interchangeable, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Is this right? If I get a TRV4, will it matter if I get a chrome one to replace a plastic one?

They all go on and off with the central heating (it's on a timer) so it is to do with the radiators themselves and I have checked the pins, which all work fine.

If it is to do with the TRV caps, why do two of them seem to stop hot water but one of them can't be turned off?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Lifestyle is an old trademark, when Drayton was owned by ACL.

1. Does the chrome body have two arrows on it?

2. If you remove the head and look down on the body, can you see the numbers 1 to 6 round the pin?

If both are true you have the current body, which is used on the RT212 and the TRV4. The only difference is the head.

Those are not TRV4 heads.

Check the bodies as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back