Is a radiator needed in a new porch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's got one 30cm from the porch in the hallway and the porch is going to be a cavity wall and insulated upto modern BC standards, so I'm unsure if I need to put a new radiator in it?

Anyone built a porch without a radiator and got any feedback?

Sponsored Links
Porch as in somewhere to take you don't even lock? Why would it need a radiator, you ain't livin out there.... :confused:

If you want it to be warm with the door to the hall closed, you'll need a radiator :) Porch gives me the impression of something mostly glass on at least one or two walls. That will lose a lot of heat no matter what so you might want to just close the door on it and let it be cold.

Also; small room next to the big outdoors - every time you open the door you'll lose all the heat.

Unless you've got pipes out there you need to protect, forget it :)

Sponsored Links
My porch (5 sq/m) is built to BR’s but has no radiator. It’s cold in there but always dry & condensation free.

Fitting a radiator in a porch is a waste of time & money & will cost you more money every time you open the front door. For a porch to be Building Regs. exempt it must have an external grade door fitted between it & the hallway & any type of heating you put in there must be capable of being independently controlled & isolated from the system used to heat the main residence.

Put a rad in. That way, if you fall out with SWMBO you will have somewhere warm to sleep. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back