Is a Swiss style deal on the way

few options available to generate growth.
There is no need to generate growth, we have everything we need and should be in clover. We need to reduce or eliminate waste, and there are countless opportunities for that.
or do they continue with economic damage and a slide into a long recession.
We are already in that long recession.

Sponsored Links
There is no need to generate growth, we have everything we need and should be in clover. We need to reduce or eliminate waste, and there are countless opportunities for that.

We are already in that long recession.
A two year recession will be all Labour need to hammer the final nail in this Tory Vampire - all they have to do is avoid making stupid statements like promising to abolish the House of Lords...oh wait.

A two year recession will be all Labour need to hammer the final nail in this Tory Vampire - all they have to do is avoid making stupid statements like promising to abolish the House of Lords...oh wait.
We've been in a self inflicted recession since March 2020. No current British politician will end it.

The agenda behind almost every GD post is to get the tories out and Labour in. This is fiddling while Rome burns - both parties need kicking out, neither of them propose to turn off the money taps.

There is no need to generate growth

Andy I didnt know you supported climate change lobby.
well done (y)

by the way I thought you believed in right wing ideology: small state, free markets, capitalism.....because those require growth to function

Sponsored Links
We've been in a self inflicted recession since March 2020. No current British politician will end it.

The agenda behind almost every GD post is to get the tories out and Labour in. This is fiddling while Rome burns - both parties need kicking out, neither of them propose to turn off the money taps.
So you'd be just as happy for a Liberal/Green/SNP alliance to step up?
That'd be so much fun i'd almost believe in the Bre*it unicorn.:LOL:

So you'd be just as happy for a Liberal/Green/SNP alliance to step up?
That'd be so much fun i'd almost believe in the Bre*it unicorn.:LOL:
God knows how many times I have to repeat things on this forum. Conlablibgreensnpwelshers etc. are all the same, they are the "Uniparty" and all share the same hatred of the electorate.

There is very little chance that a contrary voice will ever be heard in British politics again. (No, Labour is not a contrary voice).

God knows how many times I have to repeat things on this forum. Conlablibgreensnpwelshers etc. are all the same, they are the "Uniparty" and all share the same hatred of the electorate.

There is very little chance that a contrary voice will ever be heard in British politics again. (No, Labour is not a contrary voice).
Genuine question.
What is the alternative?

Unbelievable how people still slavishly believe in these charlatons, is it in the hope they'll change.

Has the EU ever had a budget/accounts audited and approved? Genuine question but I cant remember them being accepted but I do remember finance directors/ministers/people resigning etc.
Does the UK have its accounts audited and approved by independent auditors? :rolleyes:

Invalid argument.

What's that got to do with Switzerland stance on the subject?
You're confusing the discussion about state aid with the discussions between EU and Switzerland, They're two distinct discussions, and you're conflating the two.

Millions of people have been in their own personal 'recession' since 2010...

Only it's called austerity...

That got worse in 2016 when the pound was crashed...

Then of course came the double whammy of coming out of the biggest trading bloc in the world and the vast amounts squandered on the 'virus'...

Finally we have the energy/cost of living crisis...

The UK is in so much debt and now a small country on it's own...

So forget about a recession, we are headed for a full blown depression!

I spent around 40% of my working time in (greater) Europe from 2002 through 2015 - including Norway. That steered my thoughts about the UK leaving the EU and which way to vote. I could see, understand both the benefits and the disadvantages of the Community.

Norway and that country's relationship with EU steered many of my thoughts - e.g. they have to pay into the community budget, have to follow the 'rules', allow freedom of movement (which I understand is different to the Schengan travel & visa arrangement) but have no input to the conditions and rules of the EU.

So my thoughts in 2016 were that the UK was better off in the EC where we at least had an input and a vote rather than being told what to do or completely out. Presently we are completely out except for the fudge around Northern Island (I think the NI issue was something that the EU helped rather than todays mess up). (Well done Bojo & RicePud.)

I said at the news that the UK had voted to leave that the country(s) will be looking to rejoin in 10 years time - if we would be allowed to; which means we will have lost the Pound (£) and our blocking vote capability. We certainly haven't gained any control over our borders and if anything it is worse.

Today those thoughts haven't really changed.

Yes, I voted to remain in.

Last edited:
Really, no point blocking stuff if your on the wrong side of the argument now the veto rules are changing.
You keep believing in the hor*eshit of the eu going for it's power grab of nation states without a bullet being fired to become the United States of Europe.

Really, no point blocking stuff if your on the wrong side of the argument now the veto rules are changing.
You keep believing in the hor*eshit of the eu going for it's power grab of nation states without a bullet being fired to become the United States of Europe.
Lol...

In order to get it's oven ready chlorinated chicken deal, the UK will become the 51st state of america! (n)

Divorces are never easy, there's usually a degree of acrimony and blame, and a bit of spitefulness. Eventually the wounds heal and the ex partners usually resume some sort of guarded friendship, sometimes they become best buddies.
Fair enough but why divorce in the first place?

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back