Is a Swiss style deal on the way

Lol...

In order to get it's oven ready chlorinated chicken deal, the UK will become the 51st state of america! (n)
Do they come with a bullet held to your head to eat them, they don't at the local swimming baths, that's done by choice to swallow mouthfuls.
Happy with flouride added to drinking supplies?

Sponsored Links
Do they come with a bullet held to your head to eat them
But you wouldn't know...

According to Which...

"Labelling could also be open to challenge as part of the trade deal, as the US takes a different approach to labelling of production methods, and has previously challenged country of origin labelling"

More people have died from the jab in America than eating chlorinated chicken.
Flouride in drinking water no problem?
Swimming in chlorinated water no problem?

Was reading an interesting article the other day from an economist saying that The Tories have screwed the economy in so many ways and we could be heading for a lost decade. First bit of economic self harm was making trade difficult with our immediate neighbours through Brexit. Also hampering business who need a flexible and cost effective workforce who no longer have access to large numbers of willing EE workers. This is badly affecting businesses who are struggling to get staff with 500,000 vacancies.

Most recent economic self harm (after Truss's comedy budget) is that we are now viewed as a high tax economy (higest taxation since we were fighting the Nazis in 1940s), leading to companies being unwilling to locate or invest here. Eg. corporation tax in much of EU is 20%, but ours has just gone up to 25%.

Tories used to be credited with some economic competence, but it seems like that's now gone and the outlook for UK PLC may be bleak.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do they come with a bullet held to your head to eat them, they don't at the local swimming baths, that's done by choice to swallow mouthfuls.
Happy with flouride added to drinking supplies?
the stupidity of brexers never wanes

God knows how many times I have to repeat things on this forum. Conlablibgreensnpwelshers etc. are all the same, they are the "Uniparty" and all share the same hatred of the electorate.

There is very little chance that a contrary voice will ever be heard in British politics again. (No, Labour is not a contrary voice).
Andy is an Anarchist.

Problem for you is that you were one of them!
People are allowed to change their views, unless you think that shouldn't happen?

Like people leaving the country and closing their account on here. And then deciding not to...

is that we are now viewed as a high tax economy,
That isn't entirely correct as there are higher around and they are doing ok. I suspect exports figure in that. There is also encouragement for companies to invest but not sure how it works. SME's seem to be treated a little differently but are more likely to be able to sell here or in more local export markets.

Leave the EU. Only true positive I can see is removal of tariffs for imports from outside the EU. That should reduce the cost of living. However when trade deals crop up allowing more in tariff free what on earth is really going on? We need to export to gain. Distances have increased to any new places. It sounds globalist really to me. Why not go the whole hog and make a deal with China?

The money saved is a plus but some came back. That is said to be continued via tax take. We still contribute to some projects. The amount left is not as large as was suggested. I have travelled on an EU built road pretty regularly. No messing about, motorway class including junctions. I went to another part of the country recently and suspect the same. Will this continue or will it be like the motorway build years ago. A fair amount abandoned or replanned due to cost. Sometime via dual carriage way and islands some just left as they were.

Currently and I suspect for some time the money will be needed for the other problems.

Nisan decided to come here as did Toyota. Others have and have gone and multinationals move stuff around as and when it suites them.

Labour. The company I started working for paid me a pitance, paid for education and also added a lot of that themselves for a number of years. These day we don't seen to be able to train butchers or Indian chefs. Some work is seasonable - more visas maybe or should this have been sorted out beforehand. Or more gig economy. :) My wife was caught out today. Late back for lunch. She visits a local church cafe that serves lunchtime meals. She finished up serving them as she was the only one around with the correct NVQ. :( Someone taking advantage. Some sort of qualification often figures in nearly all jobs. Any training provided say for free needs to be apropriate for the area people actually live in. Maybe the gov should take more of this area on. What can happen now. I know a kid being trained as a plumber also throwing in electrics as an apprentice. Ditched as soon as he had to be paid more before he was fully qualified. That sort of thing needs to be stamped on via a contract.

People are allowed to change their views, unless you think that shouldn't happen?
So you're happy with the idea of another EU referendum, so that people are allowed to change their/your mind?

Yes or no!

Like people leaving the country and closing their account on here. And then deciding not to...
PMSL...

It's amazing how some 'different' posters resort to the same thing when they haven't got a clue what they are talking about ;)

Of course they still don't realise that the choice was taken away by their ignorant xenophobic choice!

You mean someone threw their toys out of the pram?
I'm sure it wasn't the first time, the first poster, nor will it be the last. :D:D:D

Sponsored Links
Back