is a worcester 42 cdi combi boiler the right option for me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a new boiler. I currently have a cylinder & tank set up, but I want to have a combi boiler for instant hot water.
I have a 4 floor victorian terrace, with 1 bathroom & one shower room (maybe an en suite going in but not for a couple of years). It's not a massive house, only two rooms on each floor, it's this and tall.
Also I'm converting my basement into a one bed flat (that's where the shower room is)
I've been told by one plumber that it's fine to use a worcester 42 cdi combi boiler, he's quoted about £3.5k for the job. A different plumber said that a combi boiler won't be up to the job and I need to have a cylinder/tanks set up again.

I'm confused, any advice, tip etc much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A powerful combi like that is certainly going to give you the best chance at supplying a couple of hot water outlets at once with a good flow, but the problem is that you won't know just how well until it's in !

If you're planning another bathroom at some stage, then it would make sense to factor this in now - will all three have showers using hot water supplied by the combi ? That's probably pushing it, so you'd have to be sure they weren't all going to be used at once.

You'll also need to make sure your gas supply and mains water pressure are up to it, so make sure these are checked out before you proceed - your plumber will presumably take these into account.

There are some combi FAQs in the sticky above which should give you some more info.

Theres plenty of combi boilers out there that will do the job, I think the main point here is the mains water pressure, check to see what bar is pushing out the mains then decide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back