Is an air admittance valve required in this circumstance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've been asked to fix a leak coming from some strap on bosses and an air admittance valve (as you can see in the picture). It's not been done right and I will be replacing everything in the photo (above the soil pipe elbow). Afterwards everything will be boxed in.
The two grey 40mm solvent pipes are connected to two separate macerators (for a kitchen sink and a toilet/basin in a converted cellar).
There is a separate primary soil stack connected to the drain (which goes through the property's roof with a cowl).
My question is whether an air admittance valve is required at all? I can't imagine much negative pressure would be generated by a couple of 40mm pipes discharging into a 110mm soil pipe, but even there was, I don't think this could cause any problems. (these pipes come from the floor and go up to the ceiling, so there is no way to suck water out of those pipes).
I'm just not sure if I will be breaking any regulations by not having an AAV?
Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back