Is Blown Vinyl Wallpaper an acceptible tile alternitive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Hi,

This is my first post.
We just bought an new old (1903) house and themaster bathroom is ...unpleasant.

Someone put up loose plastic boarding around the tub/shower to protect the walls.

I have a Very Low Budget (1st house, needs furnace etc before intense cosmetics),

...but I Loathe the cheap khaki green plastic board against the retro 50's? 20's? bathtub. (who puts khaki green and pink together?)

Surfing the web I saw the new fake tin ceiling blown vinyl wallpaper that is actually affordable, pretty and easy to put up vs tile which looks expensive and hard to get right for a beginner.

As Vinyl is generally waterproof, could this be used with the right adhesive in place of tile for a couple years as a wall protector from mold and mildew until I can get up the funds and courage for tile?

Any suggestions or warnings?

Sponsored Links
Tiles are the best for the job and they are not that expensive or difficult as long as the walls are not already crumbling behind the panelling that is already there ,if its just a make do job for now go to your local tile suppliers and see if they have any discounted lines but ALWAYS buy the best adhesive and WATERPROOF grout not waterresistant
centre the wall draw a level line from floor to ceiling and off you go and if the floor is unlevel screw a small piece of batten to the wall level just off the floor to support the tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back