Is Britain really bankrupt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or is it just a con to justify cutting services and raising taxes.
After the wall street crash threw the world into the Great depression , the British adopted the same policy of cutting back on public spending and threw millions onto the doleheap, they said it was a neccessary evil to get us out of recession, but it had the opposite effect and the depression just went on, what brought Britain out of recession then was an Austrian politician called Adolf.

My grandfather told me that during the hungry thirties that the grass was growing on the slipways of Britains ship yards, the government refused to invest money to create jobs as it believed that job creation should be left to market forces but when the war started money appeared to be no problem and there was work and top wages for every one.

Sponsored Links
But we haven`t got a BIG war now have we :idea: - and we`ve only just finished paying the USA for Lend- Lease from WW2 . BROKE - You`d better believe it :LOL: .

We have only just paid back the money borrowed from the USA which financed our involvement.

So these jobs may well have come into being, but from borrowed money.

The UK borrows every fourth pound it spends. That pound has to come from somewhere, some investor. Just as a credit card has a limit - so does the national credit card. We've reached that limit. If we keep on asking for more our credit rating will go down and the interest we pay will go up - hence interest rates will rise and we'll all have to pay more for credit and mortgages.

If we don't get borrowing under control they'll send the bailiffs in (IMF).

Even if we cut the deficit by £150 billion a year - we've still got to pay back the £900 billion that we already owe.

So what do you suggest we do?

Sponsored Links
First of all we need to look after our own and get rid of all the freeloading parasites that are bleeding us dry.

anyone not born here should be ineligible for any benefits of any kind.

They should be eligible to draw out what they put in - then nothing. Just like a bank.

First of all we need to look after our own and get rid of all the freeloading parasites that are bleeding us dry.

Would that include the children of service men and women born abroad?

If they are in the forces then they aren't freeloading parasites are they? You are being silly as usual. :rolleyes:

It's not the free loading parasites from abroad thats the problem.

Its the huge number of civil servants from THIS country that are a big part of the problem..
There needs to be a massive cull and when the dust settles those that remain should be given a massive pay cut.
There unafforadable pensions paid for by people like myself should also get the chop.

If they are in the forces then they aren't freeloading parasites are they? You are being silly as usual. :rolleyes:

Me thinks you are the one being silly here.

1. The children of service personel born abroad are not in the forces.

2. The children of current and past serving forces personnel may well be on benefits, as they were born abroad, should they as the original poster stated not receive any benefitrs?

Look a muppet. Sorry, puppet :LOL:

joe90dvd1.jpg

Their parents are. If they are on benefits then they should be treated as any other foreigner - and go home.

what is your definition of " freeloading parasites that are bleeding us dry."

and "anyone not born here should be ineligible for any benefits of any kind"

if you define which groups you are reffering to we can refer to what they are entitled to and dispell any wrong assumptions
:D :D ;)

It's not the free loading parasites from abroad thats the problem.

Its the huge number of civil servants from THIS country that are a big part of the problem..
There needs to be a massive cull and when the dust settles those that remain should be given a massive pay cut.
There unafforadable pensions paid for by people like myself should also get the chop.
Getting rid of all of these quango's might be a good start. That would save quite a few millions.
As you quite rightly state, civil service pensions need looking at, as do MP's pensions and the huge payouts they receive when standing down.
If I were to hand my notice in on a job, my employer wouldn't pay me for leaving. It's not like MP's are made redundant. If they lose their seat at election time, they should consider it "being sacked."
MP's expenses, should cover basic accomodation, stationary and one researcher. Travel expenses should be limited to one standard class rail ticket per month. They should be made to attend all parliamentary debates. I have seen debates on the TV where there have been a handful of MP's debating issues that would affect us all. Where are the rest?

No doubt tomorrow, the House will be full. What about a couple of weeks down the line?? They'll disappear like rats down a drain.

Sponsored Links
Back