Is circulating pump big enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have underfloor heating on 3 floors. The boiler is on ground floor. It has an integral circulating pump. The top floor never gets hot. Of course it benefits from hot air rising.

Would a pump a stronger than the grundfoss installed in the ISTOR resolve the problem?

Regards
Paul

Sponsored Links
Yes, an ISTOR. Ho hum.

A pump on the manifold would require switched mains at the manifold. Which would be difficult. Or a pump sited behind the boiler where feed to 2nd/3rd floor starts which would be impossible.

Am curious about this setup - I'm no expert. Presumably the pump shouldn't start till the Uponor UHF valves are open but I have the impression though that the pump starts immediately. For a few minutes it us therefore attempting to circulate watering a closed pipe which I assume is not good for the pump. Is that correct

Presumably swapping in a bigger better pump is not an option?

up don't always need a pump on each manifold...many UFH installs use one pump for the whole installation...

if the top floor isn't getting hot enough I would start with the obvious things like pressure at the boiler, and as to whether the system is balanced correctly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back