Is Darts the best sport ever?

Would rather eat my own shoe than watch that tripe. Its down there with Bowls, bowling, cricket and snooker. Boooooorrrring imho!

I do agree and admire the comradeship that it seems to entail, but maybe that's because there isn't as much at stake as other higher profile sports, and as others have said i wouldn't call it sport in the traditional sense and again as already said, its hardly something for youngsters to aspire to is it?
They probably get out of breath walking to the ochey(SP?) and back.

Not for me thanks, but then i think football is for pussies too! :evil:

Flame on baby! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
maybe that's because there isn't as much at stake as other higher profile sports, and as others have said i wouldn't call it sport in the traditional sense and again as already said, its hardly something for youngsters to aspire to is it?
:evil:

The winner picked up about £90k & he dosnt have to leave his house to train or go on special diets.. :LOL:

maybe that's because there isn't as much at stake as other higher profile sports, and as others have said i wouldn't call it sport in the traditional sense and again as already said, its hardly something for youngsters to aspire to is it?
:evil:

The winner picked up about £90k & he dosnt have to leave his house to train or go on special diets.. :LOL:

Dead on - and the runner-up got £35k! I'd admit, it is probably on dodgy ground calling it 'a sport' - although Andy Fordham insisted that he wears trainers when he plays so he is definately an athlete :eek: It is still entertaining though and the sportsmanship shown is not present in any other sport. You could see what it meant to Ted Hankey to win the tournament so even if the prize money doesn't match the big sports, it still meant a lot to him.

Like Tony Green said during the commentary, there can't be many people who haven't 'had a go' at playing darts at some point in their lives. I do agree that the players don't exactly aspire to be role models for youngesters - i'm not sure why you have to have a beer belly to be good at darts? Maybe something to do with balance? Having said that, i always play better after a pint or two??? :)

Sponsored Links
Darts is not a sport, it is something to do when down the pub.

If pub games are to be classed as sport should we include cribbage, bar billiards, shove ha'penny etc etc.

I don't have any problem with darts competions but stop calling it a sport.

lol, without even clicking on your link i know which one you mean. The one where they go for drinks on the table instead of throwing darts? Classic!

Good find. :p

Sponsored Links
Back