Is it ok to . . . . .

Sponsored Links
In my mothers wet room one was fitted under the floor boards before the ceiling went in and it ran for 2 weeks.

When it failed I found impossible to remove without cutting hole is ceiling so disconnected and still sitting there. Ceiling type now fitted.

The new one is much quieter but lost the light that was built into the grill with original.

So yes they can be fitted but I would not recommend doing so.

Sponsored Links
It would not be a good idea to fit it under floor boards unless you make provision to get access for inspection, repair, replacement, cleaning etc.

They are ( I had one ) a bit noisy and when fixed to a floor the floor acts as a sound board and increases the noise. ( mine was on the floor in a cupboard and had to be retro fitting on vibration damping mounts to reduce the noise ) Other than that a very good and reliable fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back