Is it possible to install Viessmann 222-w or 300-w in UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Does anybody have experience in installing boilers bought in Germany in UK? It seems that Viessmann UK market is lacking some models available in continental Europe. I am mainly interested in the Viessman 222-w or 300-w.

Is there a lot of difference in piping, certification etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My first thoughts are about warranty then servicing and then repairing. Could you get any or all of these in the future ?

andytw

Theoretically there's no problem provided the manufacturers permit it, but you'd likely have no English installation instructions and the control unit may not have English as a language option either.

Given that the manufacturers instructions are a legal document in the UK, and that it is a requirement to install the boiler in compliance with those instructions, you'd either have to find a German-speaking Gas Safe Registered installer or get the manual accurately translated into English.

It's worth considering that spares would need to be imported in the event that it broke down, and there would be no UK-based tech support. You might also find that there's no warranty as UK service agents wouldn't be trained on the model and overseas ones won't come here to fix it

What's the attraction of these models over the ones available in the UK, just out of interest? The 300 is very expensive, and I can't really see what you think you'll be gaining

Sponsored Links
I thought that the 222 was available and fully supported here?

Generally its not a very good idea to buy any boiler which is not supported locally.

Firstly there will be little or no warranty support.

Secondly getting spare parts is likely to be an expensive and time consuming task. I expect that in some countries gas parts may not be available to the public.

Tony

The 222-F is available in the UK Tony, but the OP wants the 222-W, or the 300-W, which appears to retail at about £2,300 :eek:

So what is the difference between the "F" and the "W" versions?

Tony

Apart from needing a very strong wall I can see little advantage in a wall mounting version of the 222.

Or just buy the floor mounting and fit a very strong bracket!

Tony

We used to fit the 300 series but it was dropped in the UK because most customers thought it was too expensive ( not ours though)!

The 300 series are still sold in countries where there is a demand for a premium product.

ive fitted a few of the 222 and i would never imagine one on a wall. They are beasts.

Yes its a pity that the UK is seen as a very budget minded market place.

Not always helped by some installers who promote the cheapest boilers to try to get the job!

Yes its a pity that the UK is seen as a very budget minded market place.

Not always helped by some installers who promote the cheapest boilers to try to get the job!

that's what I say ind' is plagued with cheap skates

I know a German gas installer - he reckons because their gas has a different wobbe number it would mean boilers made for their market wouldn't work correctly with uk gas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back