Viessmann/Worcester/vaillant (threads merged)

No, they can't boost it to individual houses, they'd need to boost a whole district, which they aren't going to do for your convenience I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
No, they can't boost it to individual houses, they'd need to boost a whole district, which they aren't going to do for your convenience I'm afraid.

Just wanted to thank you again for stop me from wasting 5k with no better result, I have arrange a moling company to change our water pipes to one of these blue plastics ones.

I spoke to affinity water so they would do their bit and this is what they said,if you change your supply pipe to blue poly 25mm, we do ours the same to 25mm. Most people only go to 25mm in my experience but on occasion sometimes people go to 32mm, If you did wish to do this, we would go to 25mm free of charge, or could go to 32mm but chargeable for this.

So in your opinion if I want to have 222-f should I go for 32mm and pay the extra charge or just go for 25mm. there pipe is around 30 meter to kitchen tap at a gradient of about 30 degree uphill.

my second question was, one of the plumbers that came down told me its better not to go for 222-f because their cylinders are not stainless steel and the rust, 111-w would be a better option however for a large house the 111-w would have to work a lot harder and that would shorten the life anyway. I would appreciate if I could hear your comment.

I think you need to see the result of your new main before making any boiler choices. Get the main in and connected, then test it to see what your new flow rate is, and go from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back