Combi boiler with built in storage tanks

150L effective storage, 20l/min = 7.5 minutes of hot water.

Do the job properly and make space for a proper cylinder

Sponsored Links
I have already explained there's no room for a cylinder. Its not a big house (was a 4 bed semi) and just added a disabled bedroom and bathroom for downstairs.

Some people just won't listen. Gonna be fun when that combi (storage or otherwise) packs up...5 bed and no hot water with a disabled bathroom too.
An immersion backup would be essential for me. Perhaps have an electric shower in one of the bathrooms?

Sponsored Links
Some people just won't listen. Gonna be fun when that combi (storage or otherwise) packs up...5 bed and no hot water with a disabled bathroom too.
An immersion backup would be essential for me. Perhaps have an electric shower in one of the bathrooms?
As long as there are two immersion heaters in the cylinder. No good only being able to heat up half a cylinder. He doesn’t want stored hot water though.

Most indirect cylinders only have a single element fitted. He'll live to regret that decision....the recent cold snap will have left many rethinking their combi decision.

I have already explained there's no room for a cylinder. Its not a big house (was a 4 bed semi) and just added a disabled bedroom and bathroom for downstairs.
The 29kw in your existing combi boiler will be enough to heat up your radiators. So to save money just cap off the hot water side to your combi. Effectively making it a heat only boiler. No need to throw away a perfectly good boiler.
Then purchase an on demand water heater. It will be smaller than your combi. Maybe put them side by side. A gas pipework upgrade will obviously be needed. Just need an engineer to steer you in the right direction to what Gas powered water heater to go for. Unless you’ve got a weir gauge and can work out how many litres you are going to need?

Most indirect cylinders only have a single element fitted. He'll live to regret that decision....the recent cold snap will have left many rethinking their combi decision.
I hate combi boilers you have no argument from me there.

Is there no loft? You're starting to sound like one of those people who appear on here from time to time, looking not for advice but instead for professional confirmation of a decision they've already made. Like so many before you, you're now upset because you've been told your plan won't work satisfactorily.

As Dan says, crack on if you're determined that this is what you want. It's a decent boiler, and I happen to know that Dan has experience fitting them, it's just not really suitable for your property

So just to update everyone here after having the said boiler installed now for about 5 days. We have been able to run two showers at the same time and a the kitchen tap running, all without any problems and that is without having separate dedicated pipes going to the loft bathroom from the boiler (so the first floor and loft floor share the same historic single pipe - not ideal but seems to have worked surprisingly).

Or have an in-line instant electric water heater in the shower supply pipe, for backup only.

We have no room for a traditional storage tank and currently have a 29kw Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi combi. Thinking of changing this as we will have to move it due to an extension. 3 bathrooms and 1 WC, 13 radiators 5 bed semi-detached. Current boiler onlt delivers 11 litres per min, so cant run two showers at once and if someone opens the tap, show upstairs goes cold for a bit.

Am thinking of a combi will built in storage. The Viessmann Vitodens 111-W 35kW Storage Combination Boiler Natural Gas ErP is 480mm in depth where as the Worcester Bosch and Valliant are both 600mm which would get in the way of our door.

Any feedback on this particular boiler model?
The Vitodens 111-W has a good reputation.

Twitchy electrics, rubber hoses, pizz awkward access to the pump at the back even with plenty of access to the side. Mickey Mouse casing.

Performance is pretty good as the cylinder is plate loaded.

Better value than the 222.

There would have to be very good reason for me to fit another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back