Is it possible to Render over a Pebble Dash PreFab Garage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a standard single pre-fab garage, which ideally i would love to knock down and build a bigger garage in its place, but funds won't allow.

As well as re-roofing it, I would like to have the pebble dash effect rendered so that if my kids fall on the garage they wont lose any skin or facial features!!
Is there a special kind of render to do this and would it need prepping with anything before? I only have one side and the back to do so I am planning on having a go myself (starting with the back as my test area!)

Or, if anyone has had this type of work carried out for them, how much did it cost approx?

Thanks in advance for any info

Sponsored Links
its not really adviseable mate but if needs be and all that i fully understand ive never done this before (over prefab pebbledashed) but when you do it buy some large squares of skrim think they come in meter square sheets and bet this into the first coat to try and reduce the cracking, which you proberly will still get but just not as bad.
it might be worth doin ya first coat as a flicker coat with SBR to give flexability and bed the skrim into this as you go, make sure you over lap the skrim sheets aswell. then just ya standard 2 coats or render one scratch 4:1 with waterproofer and a 5:1 top with just plasticizer through it.

im sure others will be along with other ideas, as i said its not summit ive had to do before usually knock em down and rebuild if wanted again

If you seperate each panel with a joint, it will stick OK. did one years ago, also leave a gap from floor to prevent capilary action.

The top should be overhung by the roof to stop water getting down the back. Bit of lime in the mix will help.

Hi,

I have a standard single pre-fab garage, which ideally i would love to knock down and build a bigger garage in its place, but funds won't allow.

As well as re-roofing it, I would like to have the pebble dash effect rendered so that if my kids fall on the garage they wont lose any skin or facial features!!
Is there a special kind of render to do this and would it need prepping with anything before? I only have one side and the back to do so I am planning on having a go myself (starting with the back as my test area!)

Or, if anyone has had this type of work carried out for them, how much did it cost approx?

Thanks in advance for any info

Yes you can, we render both the pebbledashed prefab units, and new ones that are manufactured without the pebbledash finish to allow for a decorative render, we do this direct for Hansons as well as to private clients. If you are not used to modern rendering systems don't attempt it your self , as it could be quite costly.
Prior to application with the joints fully meshed
IMAG0017.jpg

Finished hand cut render job
IMAG0041.jpg

the other side off display unit done in acrylic thin coat stencil system
IMAG0042.jpg

One we did this week, this was matched to the brickwork on the owners property
Before
IMAG0103.jpg

After
IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

monocouche to rear of display unit, this was done over a dashed unit
IMAG0044.jpg

befor

Sponsored Links
yep we do the stone, hand cut and printed, also false beam work
check out the false oak beams
Before
IMAG0073.jpg

After
IMAG00801.jpg

CIMG7385.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back