Is my boiler suitable for this type of shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

first of all, I'm a complete newbie, so I thought it would be best to ask the professionals - been reading the forums for a while, and picked up a lot of tips, but still am pretty green to it all.

Anyway, about a year ago, I had a new heating system fitted to my one bedroom flat - its a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior Combi boiler, which feeds a 4 radiator system and supplies our hot water with no problems at all.

The question is, in the next few weeks I'm having a new bathroom fitted, and its time to replace our old electric Mira Sport shower, which is pretty much dead. The missus has had a look at the electric showers on offer, and nothing really floats her boat, and has started looking at mixer power showers such as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THERMOSTATIC-...yZ147151QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone confirm either way if the boiler will be able to supply enough pressure to power this type of shower? Will it just be a matter of taking a feed of hot and cold to the shower or am I better off just looking for a suitable electric shower?

Any advice on options would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You have a combi boiler which means you should have good hot and cold pressure. I believe that the shower you looked at is fine .

No point in going electric as the pressure from a combi should be much better.

I would go for a trusted brand myself (Triton, Mira, Aqualisa etc.)

Thanks for the reply - certainly opens up my options.

As for the manufacturer, it will probably end up being a mira or a triton depending on the price, the eBay link was just for an example.

With regard to my hot and cold, the pressures are uneven - would this cause an issue, and would I have to get a model that can deal with an unbalanced system? My hot water has a flow rate of 14.5 Litres per minute, but I'm not sure what the output pressure is - however the cold is a much more pressured output.

At the moment I have a cold supply to where to old electric shower was - and I've been speaking to my installer and he thinks that will be fine - its just a matter of taking a line from the hot to the shower valve before we tile everything up.

Sponsored Links
Speak to Triton/Mira and also get their brochures. There is stacks of info in there on all the showers and technical info etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back