Is plumbers mait required on shower waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 'twisto' 90mm waste with a black rubber ring to go around the waste and beneath the tray, there is then a white collar to go above the tray with 2 screws to hold them together. My question is....is the a completely dry fitting or should i put plumbers mait between black and underside of tray and silicone between white and upperside of tray? Thanks for help 20170829_184251.jpg 20170829_184319.jpg

Sponsored Links
Only 2 screws? I'd be looking to get 6 in there. A little silicone on the top seal, on the tray face for belt a braces would be my approach.

Yeah - 2 screws, i have since read reviews and that seems to be peoples beef with it...but others say it works great! I think i just gotta be careful not to over tighten them.
No need for plumbers mait underneath then?

As long as the screws can be tightened enough to pull the lower seal up firmly and evenly enough then it shouldn't be needed.

Sponsored Links
Plumbers mait isn't needed anywhere... seriously, I've had a tub of it for 10 years and haven't found a use for it yet

Be very careful tightening those screws... that top ring fractures very easily!!!
BTDT (Been there done that) :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back