Is the pump supposed to run all the time?

This oneworks on boiler temp inside casing, not water temp.

when fitting, I isolated everything via hand turned valves(sorry off night shift - cant think of correct terms)
therefore turned off valve above and below pump
from the motorised valve -
left going to top of tank
right going down below floor boards (boiler?)

and here may be a problem - there is a pipe going from the bottom on the tank going below the floorboards (boiler?)
There is also a pipe from the bottom of the tank connecting in between the pump and the motorised valve. this i have turned back on, but wondering if this should be off?
any ideas if this could cause the problem? also, do you know if this should be shut?
I know it sounds like the stat, but just a thought.

Thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
1. Why didn't you follow the instructions here?
1. I thought my second post had all the info you requested.
Maybe it did, but that doesn't answer the question of why you didn't follow the instructions in the sticky topic.

2. Do you find that using sarcasm is the best way to solicit free assistance from people?
below is what some sarcastic clown wrote - "Could you spend a few moments imagining a post containing even less useful information? Did you succeed?"
None of my post was at all sarcastic. Blunt perhaps, but the questions were plain and genuine.

But even if it was sarcastic, which it wasn't, do you really find that answering sarcasm with sarcasm gets you the help that you're seeking?
"Could you spend a few moments imagining a post containing even less useful information? Did you succeed?" - this is you being genuine?
Correct.

Again - no helpful information.
Could you explain why I should supply technical information in advance of you:-

(a) Explaining why you didn't follow the forum rules;
(b) Retracting your assertion that I was sarcastic;
(c) Apologising for being sarcastic.

Please, if you can help, I would appreciate it, not a tirade of childish tittle tattle.
Lets start again - eh? :?:
Certainly.

Perhaps you should start by explaining why you didn't follow the forum guidelines, even when they were pointed out to you, bearing in mind that those guidelines were put there for the express purpose of making it easier and clearer for everyone to create a topic and receive help for plumbing and central heating problems.

1. Why didn't you follow the instructions here?
1. I thought my second post had all the info you requested.
Maybe it did, but that doesn't answer the question of why you didn't follow the instructions in the sticky topic.

2. Do you find that using sarcasm is the best way to solicit free assistance from people?
below is what some sarcastic clown wrote - "Could you spend a few moments imagining a post containing even less useful information? Did you succeed?"
None of my post was at all sarcastic. Blunt perhaps, but the questions were plain and genuine.

But even if it was sarcastic, which it wasn't, do you really find that answering sarcasm with sarcasm gets you the help that you're seeking?
"Could you spend a few moments imagining a post containing even less useful information? Did you succeed?" - this is you being genuine?
Correct.

Again - no helpful information.
Could you explain why I should supply technical information in advance of you:-

(a) Explaining why you didn't follow the forum rules;
(b) Retracting your assertion that I was sarcastic;
(c) Apologising for being sarcastic.

Please, if you can help, I would appreciate it, not a tirade of childish tittle tattle.
Lets start again - eh? :?:
Certainly.

Perhaps you should start by explaining why you didn't follow the forum guidelines, even when they were pointed out to you, bearing in mind that those guidelines were put there for the express purpose of making it easier and clearer for everyone to create a topic and receive help for plumbing and central heating problems.

ooooohh those rules - those rules - very important to you aren't they - why did a picture of Alan partridge spring to mind. If you honestly couldn't see that your initial response was offensive then you sir are an arse - but you know that don't you.........
Off to mr moderator to complain about me no doubt... I bet they know you well..... spend most of their time dealing with your whinging....

again no help. Perhaps thats it.........perhaps that sums you up.
I wish you well........sound like you need it.
Bye

ooooohh those rules - those rules - very important to you aren't they
Not really. The guidelines are put there for your benefit.

why did a picture of Alan partridge spring to mind.
I'm guessing it's because you watch too much TV.

If you honestly couldn't see that your initial response was offensive then you sir are an a**e - but you know that don't you.........
Yes. I do. I already said that my reply was blunt. However, I have the ability to solve your problem, and have asked for the information that makes it easier and quicker to do that.

Off to mr moderator to complain about me no doubt... I bet they know you well..... spend most of their time dealing with your whinging....
I see nothing to complain about here. You're simply someone who can't solve their own problem, despite many incompetent attempts. That deserves pity, not a complaint.

again no help. Perhaps thats it.........perhaps that sums you up.
I wish you well........sound like you need it.
Thanks, but my heating system is working just fine. Probably because I know how it works and know how to keep water out of the electrics.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I've missed something, but why have you turned off ANY valves on your pipe work just to replace the pump over run stat :confused:

There are only 2 terminals and 2 screws holding it in place. All you would need to do is isolate the electrics to be safe.

Maybe I've missed something, but why have you turned off ANY valves on your pipe work just to replace the pump over run stat :confused:

There are only 2 terminals and 2 screws holding it in place. All you would need to do is isolate the electrics to be safe.

Hi dave
I turned off the valves to change the motorised valve and pump. (one near port A, port B, top and bottom of the pump, and one that goes from the bottom of my yank to mid way between pump and motorised valve. All of these have been turned back on - I take it that this is correct.
Everything appears to run ok as it should accept for the pump running.
I checked the wiring today of my neighbours for comparison and will check it with mine on thursday as very busy for a few days.
If it looks the same, then I think you are probably correct about the stat, and will pick one up on the weekend.
Is it possible to check with a meter?
Thanks for your help
really appreciated and in the spirit of a forum

Nick
Thanks for you help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back