is there a doctor in the house ( update )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my son aged 20 has been off work 2 weeks with aching bones ! every joint aches and recently his hands have swollen he has had a blood / urine/ test chest X ray on penisilin Doc is making an appoinment to see the Rheumatoid arthritis expert ( god forbid )

it is rather worrying not knoiwng what is the matter hes gone from a fit healthy guy to this. hes not in any real pain seems to be eating ok but.......

i have posted on health boards but nobody has replied

for the self employed guys.... he is SE , is he entitled to any GOV cash ?
thanks P M

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear about this worrying problem and it does sound like arthiritis symptoms. However, I had a customer that was completely debilitated by the illness but was given a new drug and is back as good as he was before he
had it. I don't see the guy now as he has moved so i can't get the name of the drug, but your GP should know of it.

Then again it may just be something that passes with a bit of time never to return again.

Either way, good luck.

joe

Sounds like it could be arthritis, sorry its in such a young man. Try going down the herbal route. Boswellia extract and glucosamine sulphate. I have heard miraculous reports on boswellia, with arthritis type symptoms. Its not cheap though, but then worth it for good health.

thanks for the sympathy, hope and pray it maybe a viral problem... time will tell.. will keep you posted regards P M

Sponsored Links
poshman said:
i have posted on health boards but nobody has replied
It's best to wait to hear from the experts, otherwise every medical books or surfing the net will convince you what the illness may be. I'm just recovering from a major kidney operation totally difference to what I have been reading and it was nothing like the kidney symptom pain I was getting from the info I was collecting :!: Agreed with Joe it maybe something that passes with a bit of time. Drink plenty of fluid & rest will not do any harm and I wish your son a speedy recovery

after weeks of worrying the results after a biopsy on his kidneys are that he has a condition called iga nephropathy ( inflammation of the kidneys ) he has a course of steriods ( 8 a day )and others to take may clear up or could get worse over time. ive been on health forum which has been helpful .. P M

poshman
Im glad to hear its nothing more serious , :)
tell him to take care an after watching the krap on daytime tv he will be itching to get back to work , ;)

Back