Is there a single type of paint considered top quality in the trade?

Leyland trade vinyl matt is good gear and reasonably priced. Just done a care home with Leyland trade acrylic eggshell on the walls, oh man is that stuff good!, almost bomb proof.

Sponsored Links
thanks
i agree they are a bit expensive...last time i used dulux normal trade from b and q it was a bit "wet and thin" over my previously wallpapered walls...on which i had used the same a year ago...
i sent the batch no to dulux and said i was not sure that the paint was really for the trade and will get trade vinyl to check this out
they sent me a voucher for trade vinyl..:confused: but assured me the batch on the trade was checked and ok..
concerning painting which i dont do a lot..my "real" painter alex who does my house suggested this outlet for paints...what do you think?

upload_2018-6-15_20-31-32.png

the are quite near to me...
cheers
geof

thanks
i agree they are a bit expensive...last time i used dulux normal trade from b and q it was a bit "wet and thin" over my previously wallpapered walls...on which i had used the same a year ago...
i sent the batch no to dulux and said i was not sure that the paint was really for the trade and will get trade vinyl to check this out
they sent me a voucher for trade vinyl..:confused: but assured me the batch on the trade was checked and ok..
concerning painting which i dont do a lot..my "real" painter alex who does my house suggested this outlet for paints...what do you think?

View attachment 143353
the are quite near to me...
cheers
geof

There are no Rabart stores any where near London but having looked at their site, they look like a proper decorators' merchant. Paint is almost always cheaper from a decorators' merchant, some other products, such as 2 pack filler are cheaper at automotive paint suppliers. eg my local DM charges about £30 for a large tub of 2 pack Upol Easy 7, I can buy the same item from a bodyshop supplier via eBay for about £18.

There are no Rabart stores any where near London but having looked at their site, they look like a proper decorators' merchant. Paint is almost always cheaper from a decorators' merchant, some other products, such as 2 pack filler are cheaper at automotive paint suppliers. eg my local DM charges about £30 for a large tub of 2 pack Upol Easy 7, I can buy the same item from a bodyshop supplier via eBay for about £18.

brilliant!!...spent 4 years in london 1980 to 1984...
(y)

Sponsored Links
Rabart have a couple of shops here in south Wales, used them occasionally and found them well stocked with pretty much everything a decorator needs.

Rabart have a couple of shops here in south Wales, used them occasionally and found them well stocked with pretty much everything a decorator needs.
thanks
i will be getting some more paint to do the garage door...gloss this time...cleans easier using car suds and a hose down and the house radiators are a bit yellow in places and need a good going over to smarten them
they are white...do they need to be gloss as well...no i am not going to use the garage method to clean them:D... all of the house doors and skirtings are silk but not oil based..
cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back