Is there an easy way to clean a DHW plate heat exchanger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got the typical symptoms of a gunged up DHW plate (secondary) heat exchanger on my Baxi 105e – water stays hot for a while, then goes cold, then back to hot & so on. The burner turns off, the temperature lights drops from 80 to 50, burner comes back on. The water stays warm if you do not run the shower on full.

First I’m going to clean the DHW temperature sensor, worth a go, but I think its likely to be the plate heat exchanger

Is there any way to clean the DHW plate heat exchanger without taking it off? Did look at DS40 but this looks like it is only for CH

If not I’m intending to take it off & soak it in a spirits of salt cleaner.

Cheers
Adam

Sponsored Links
Nope to do it properly take it out (takes 5 minutes ) wash it through then leave it soaking , wash it through again then soak again then make sure rinsed thourghly

If you do take it out watch out for that pcb, with drops of water.Plenty of towels a t the ready

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back