Is there much technical difference between acoustic rockwool and normal insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question as above.

If I'm looking to pack out a ground floor rear ceiling extension, part of which is under the first floor bedroom and part of it in the open air (which exceeds the length of the first floor bedroom), then I'm looking to see what product I can use. We have a warm deck roof with 120mm Kingspan on top which is fine and has passed buildings regs, but I want to super insulate the roof further.

We have dropped down our ceilings slightly to accommodate duct work etc. Will I benefit more by having acoustic rockwool (which the builder is putting in anyway) but also me paying extra for some rolls of normal rockwool too? The screeded floor will have 100mm kingspan and UFH and side walls have 500mm kingspan in the cavity. But as we have 2nos large patios of 4m x 2.6m high and two large glass lanterns (3m x 1.5m) I want to insulate this room properly (room is open plan and 10m by 8m depth).

Thx.

Sponsored Links
Wonderful.

If he's putting in "acoustic rockwool" (whatever that is) then just get him to throw more of that in, instead of messing about with "normal rockwool".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back