Is thin insulation board an option for improving solid brick?

I mean you could 'tile' your wall with slimline double glazing panels and cover this over - similarly impractical but interesting such products exist.

I hadn't realised these boards all require plasterboard, something that could take a skim sounds preferable.

Interesting point on the regs, do you now where I can find that clause because I'd no idea. I mean, in practice it's probably a non-issue and if you hadn't told me I'd have proceeded blissfully unaware ;) But it's good to know these things.

I don't know if I could get a modern reproduction of the coving, my guess would be yes but then removing the original stuff sounds a bigger job and I end up redecorating the entire room and potentially replacing the ceiling too?
However I kind of just don't WANT a modern version. Original features are nice to keep where possible and this isn't always the most practical option!

Part L (Approved documents) 5.7 Renovation of Thermal Elements (Page 19 half way down). And yes I spent many hours (and a certain amount of cash) preserving the existing coving in one house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back