Is this a fair price?

Sponsored Links
Ok, the service book has been stamped and filled by the same plumber who fitted it for the last 11 years.
Boiler never had any fault until now.
The charges are always the same I'm told, roughly £80.
The old fella said he's never seen him changing parts or inflating anything.
Do you reckon it's worth calling bosch directly?
Sorry to ask again, but if it's only a matter to inflate the vessel without removing anything, can this be done by me (not qualified) or it must be done by a gas safe?

sounds like you have been getting a poke and go,
Aye, at those prices and no parts or vessel charged :eek::eek::eek:.

Amazes me how many folk say “it’s been serviced” - I use the analogy of a car: If you took your car in for a full service and it came back maximum 20 minutes later, would you accept it as “serviced?”.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
call Bosch and book a service, sounds like you have been getting a poke and go,
Don't know.
The old fella is quite happy to having had no problems for so many years and cheap "service".
It's just that he doesn't want to spend so much money in one go for something so old that can give up the ghost at any time.
So you reckon bosch would charge less and do a full service?

From £137, but depends on what they carry out, best to ask them https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/boiler-service/out-of-guarantee-service

This is what always bothers me having had dealings with large companies:
"If significant or structural parts are required, or the product is beyond economical repair our engineer will quote you a revised charge on the day."

So I don't know if it's advisable to send them around an old man's home.

British gas 15 years ago condemned my boiler and wanted £7k to replace.
Hard sale tactics.
I didn't fall for it.
The fan bearing had seized after a month away on holiday and boiler off.
£130 later we were up and running for another 5 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back