Is this a faulty 3 way valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heating was working fine last night but today it's not. Hot water fires the boiler up fine.

I moved the lever on the 3 way valve to heating but it made no difference, still wouldn't work. Is this a faulty vave that needs replacing or is there a smaller, cheaper, easier repair?

It is an ACL Lifestyle # 679H340-30L0 Valve

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
so power on white and the motor is moving valve across to H position ?
but only about 100v on the orange ?

Sponsored Links
Don't know exact voltages, only tested with a mains test lamp. Didn't detect any movement to CH at all when heating switched on.

if it won't motor over from the W then the motors more likely failed
if it moves over to H but boiler won't fire then the micro switch/pcb has more likely failed.

take the motor out and put 230v across it it should rotate.

Thanks for that, by what you said it's looking like a failed motor. I have to go out now but I'll take it out later and check with voltage across it.
Is it possible to just replace the motor or do I need a whole new valve? This one is over 10yrs old.

can replace just the motor.

main_product_HPHAVSYNC.jpg

Thanks so much for your help. Didn't go out until I checked the motor on mains voltage...totally dead so I'll get a replacement one. Cheers mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back