Is this a reasonable quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a quote for plumbing in a bathroom. For £ 2450.

It consists of plumbing in a toilet and sink panelling out a shower plumbing it in and it includes the all materials, shower plumbing in. All waste pipes installing and taking outside and plumbing into the soil stack and labour also.

Shower is a £350 shower. So not a really crap quality one. Shower tray included etc.

Does this seem reasonable . The lad who is doing it is good at his job?

Sponsored Links
Seems cheap but it's
It's hard to say.
Quality of his work. Straight swap or altering pipework so it is neat or can't be seen.

Sponsored Links
It’s a newly fitted pipework in a room which was not previously a bathroom. So a new fit out. The feed is just brought into the room.

Seems like a good quote then from what has been said for now .

Is the price inclusive the supply of all sanitary and taps ect?

What would you charge roughly for that if you don’t mind me asking.
I'm £2000+vat for a week's labour, which is what I'd typically allow for a bathroom refit, and you could easily spend that again on good quality materials. I recommend customers allow £5k minimum for a new bathroom.

Does sound good. Sounds like mates rates. You call him a lad - is he young and new? Might be why - maybe he not factoring in time for sourcing materials, admin, running the van, maintaining / replacing tools etc. and all the other overheads that need to be covered to end up with a good profit.

I have had a quote for plumbing in a bathroom. For £ 2450.

It consists of plumbing in a toilet and sink panelling out a shower plumbing it in and it includes the all materials, shower plumbing in. All waste pipes installing and taking outside and plumbing into the soil stack and labour also.

Shower is a £350 shower. So not a really crap quality one. Shower tray included etc.

Does this seem reasonable . The lad who is doing it is good at his job?
Have another quote.

Perhaps £1000 for materials (shower only and fittings/parts) still leaves £300/day for labour if it takes a week.

Too many variables but might be ok and not too cheap. Have you seen his previous work?

I do know the guy and have suspicion it’s mates rates plus he has set out on his own a few months ago so I think he wants to line plenty of work up. He has been employed for many years for a plumbing company which is known in the area . I have seen sites that he has been working on although not seen his work personally.

Hmmmmnn... Are you his first blood?
Photos might mean all he did was take the photo!

Who knows! Proof will be "in the pudding"!
But have to say, I've been called in to remedy many such situations, so just be "aware" (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back