Plumbing Quotes !!

Oh also forgot to say, bathroom hot water quickly, kitchen long wait, then you have all the hot water in the pipe that goes cold, 30mins later want more hot, long wait again then more waste.

Are all your hot water pipes insulated???

Thats an easy partr to leave out for those who are looking for cheapness instead of quality!

Any boiler in loft should have a permanent retractible ladder so access should be easy!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Oh also forgot to say, bathroom hot water quickly, kitchen long wait, then you have all the hot water in the pipe that goes cold, 30mins later want more hot, long wait again then more waste.

Are all your hot water pipes insulated???

Thats an easy partr to leave out for those who are looking for cheapness instead of quality!

Any boiler in loft should have a permanent retractible ladder so access should be easy!

Tony

Have retractible ladder, pipes only insulated in the loft. I think if all the pipes were lagged you would still be having to wait for a hot flow.
As I said great for the shower/bathroom.

i would say it was a competitive quote...I would question the need for a 250l cylinder, and the location of that and the cylinder...

I reckon manhandling those two and re routing all the pipework adds considerably to the quote, at least when I quote in London. a decent combi in the kitchen near the current boiler will be much cheaper..

Boilers and cylinders in lofts are fine,but access has to be as good as a normal room

if you do decide to do some sensible system design then give the man who gave you that quote the chance to quote again...

Does seem a little high but it all depends on what actually needs doing, we can all guess what needs doing but the soil alone could be an absolute nightmare.

C'mon it's a 1200Ft2 semi, not a Castle.

Sponsored Links
Here's a good plumbing quote

"Sh*t runs downhill".

Not always. :mrgreen:

And that's when we get called out to give it a little push with a jetting machine.

They changed from 9 litre to 6 litres to save water and then we get called out and use 100 gallons to jet their manhole and drain lines.

Andy

Fantastic mr drainage I like it your spot on did you know there are 4litre flushers out now how they move the large turds I don't know you must have had jobs were the pipe was 4inch and the turd was 6 inch :D :D :D :D

An undersink heater might be of some use with a tee off to the downstairs wc.

I should fit a Ferroli Optimax with a RDj10 stat in the loft , don't bother with all that flooring lighting ladders regs as well, that will get the cost down a lot, 5 year warranty on the boiler.

Without the loft flooring, ladder and handrail your 5 year warranty on the boiler would be worthless as no one would go up into the loft due to H&S.

Andy

Doesn't the saying go that any quote is too expensive for a Scot? icon_wink.gif

Only believed by english who hate to put hand in their pocket while drinking in company:cool:

Mr Spark when you get bunged up..........................give me a call, I'll get you running clear in no time.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

i think anyone who says its too expensive should go and give a cheaper quote, its only fair. money where your mouth is. Your in scotland dick, send one of your ccc's over to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back