Is this a trevi therm?? need help with ID.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a job which has 3 of these showers, we are trying to replace the control knobs but are having a hard time locating the parts. Trevi say it is not a boost exposed and they arent 100% on whether it is an old therm or not.. does anyone have any ideas?? is there a shower out there that looks the double of the therm exposed?? Anyhelp is Major appreciated!
9v8jep.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's an exposed Trevi therm, I stake my terrible reputation on it :LOL:

It could be a copy though, the slider bar doesn't look 'Trevi'

If it is a Trevi it will have a red plastic circlip on the grey temperature knob, this pops in to hold the knob in place.

lol this place has an assortment of showers with an assortment of slider bars.. im sure ive seen a model with a red bit on the temp knob at the property. Just on the left hand knob on this model, beneath the casing there is that big grey fitting to screw on and that does not appear in the trevi parts diagram.
2pq851z.jpg

maybe this pic will help show what i mean lol

Sponsored Links
anyone elses thoughts? whats the deal with the white flat head piece in the centre of the temperature control part?

A better picture would be good, plus a picture with that casing off and the plactic knobs fully removed. I fitted many Therms in the region of 7 to 15 years ago, well over 50 for a Bathroom company, I know them very well.

Could some advise where I can buy a servcie kit for a Trevi Therm A3000 shower. Its anout 6 years old. Am unable to turm off the water completely ... the shower continues to drip.

You may not need a service kit. Just fixed the same problem on a Trevi A3000 - tap knob twisted clockwise to shut off water, and despite being able to continue turning, a trickle of water continues to run. The hot water inlet valve had become stiff to turn, and the nylon cog clutch was slipping before the valve was fully closed. The YouTube video below walks you through removing the escutcheon plate, the black plastic cover over the spindle/gears, and removal of a gear. Search for "Trevi Therm Spindle Removal" (its URL ends with /watch?v=q9AHIga9O_E).
If you replace the tap knob on the spindle, you can twist it on/off to check whether both discs (hot furthest from white plastic thermostat, cold in middle) turn equally or if one won't budge. Remove the old penny sized gear, then using a large screwdriver or bike tyre lever to inch the stiff centre clockwise. Move it anti-clockwise (likely takes 2 screwdrivers, careful in case they slip and scratch tiles), and keep working it until it is significantly less stiff, eg. no need for 2 screwdrivers. Replace the gear, put spindle in and re-test - both discs should move freely, and valves should now fully close.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back