Is this buildable, jbonding & tawelfryn?

Nah, I don't like it carry. Go the same height as the door with the window @ 2.1. Same soldiers across lintel, Oh and with your modified design with the door @ 910 wide. From your earlier pic of the front of your house, it looks to me that the soldiers are full bricks? or is it a the shadow? all be it with imperials as you mention. They look almost 3 imperial courses high. I would go with 225's soldiers, saves the cutting.
Ps nice little program you are using there for the brickwork. What is it?

Sponsored Links
tawelfryn said:
Nah, I don't like it carry. Go the same height as the door with the window @ 2.1. Same soldiers across lintel, Oh and with your modified design with the door @ 910 wide. From your earlier pic of the front of your house, it looks to me that the soldiers are full bricks? or is it a the shadow?

A house up the street used soldiers which look ready made that size (i.e. 2 courses).

Here's the new and improved design (Door for effect only), I wonder if Planning will say anything? I'll email it to my architect and see what he has to say.

tawelfryn said:

Yes, it is quite effective. :LOL: It called taking a picture of your neighbour's extension, download it to the computer. Then cut and paste several courses of bricks to build up the picture! It takes a while but as I'm a lesser experienced bricky I want to make sure that everything will fit before I but hand to trowel. I've seen some awful extensions with cut bricks here and there! :eek:

Had a six hour chat (was meant to be about two) with my builder neighbour and was very helpful.

Cheers for help Tawelfryn.
Carry

carryoncamping said:
tawelfryn said:

Yes, it is quite effective. :LOL: It called taking a picture of your neighbour's extension, download it to the computer. Then cut and paste several courses of bricks to build up the picture!

lol If your cutting and pasting pictures that good, maybe you should ne working with photoshop and forget the bricklaying! I thought it was some building program, it was that good!
New and improved design, looks good, cant see why planning should oppose it.
No prob with help, just ask if you want any more :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back