Is this carpenters job or the roofers Please : /

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Carpenter reckons he has half a days work to do at some point. I do not know what work that is. The roofer is currently putting tiles on. The roofer has said he will put the 'veluxes' in but he thinks it's the carpenters job to put the windows in the dormers. The carpenter has asked where the windows for the dormers were and I have showed them to him but I think all he wanted to know is the sizes for the apertures.

I have always assumed the carpenter would do it in with the price. The roofer will do it but for an extra cost.

Whose job is it please?

Experts opinions would be gratefully received thanks all.

Sponsored Links
I would say a window in a dormer is a carpenters job.

But whose job it is depends on who included it in his quote.

Sponsored Links
It would be the bricklayers job if they had quoted for it. Or the drain layers, or the electricians, or plumbers .......

I'm sure I've got half a days work there too. I'll be down on Thursday, if you could have the cash ready. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back