is this correct pipe work?

I think you did the right thing based on the evidence we have to hand.

I'm crap at site work because I'm relatively slow and don't to screw up other trades... Consequently I'm expensive and don't do it that often outside my own little plant rooms. What you've posted over the recent threads did not inspire confidence in any aspects of the work.... Caution should be matched with consideration.

Sponsored Links
I must say that you are very lucky that he has decided to withdraw.

Watch out for his claim for the other £1500 though.

He has universally been diagnosed here as doing substandard work.

I even think that I could do better!

Much as I hate plastic, I recently did a job involving five new rads and two basins and a kitchen with three feeds and all in plastic. Would have charged about five times as much in copper.

all in plastic
One snag with plastic (as an acquaintance discovered when drilling a wall to put up a curtain rail :( ) is that there's no reliable way (that I know of) of detecting where it is if it's concealed behind plasterboard or under flooring. Pity it doesn't have a built-in metallic thread or coating to aid sensing with a common wiring detector.

One snag with plastic (as an acquaintance discovered when drilling a wall to put up a curtain rail :( ) is that there's no reliable way (that I know of) of detecting where it is if it's concealed behind plasterboard or under flooring. Pity it doesn't have a built-in metallic thread or coating to aid sensing with a common wiring detector.
Metalic tape.

Sponsored Links
Certainly metallic tape would do the job, but I bet no professionally-installed plumbing has it :).

The main problem is that few people want to pay the extra for metal tape.

If it was my property I would prefer a metal cover strip. Detectable and gives some protection.

Tony

Isolating valve lower, drain cock after IV, pipe clips with spacers (to accomodate insulation) at specified intervals, pressure test to manufacturere's installation instructions on completion, then insulate; see manufacturer's installation instructions. But besides that...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back