Putting aditional radiators in - will this work??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a slightly oddly laid-out house, and a couple of the very small rooms haven't got radiators in them. This means that in the winter they're getting condensation forming in them, which is a pain. So far I've installed a radiator into the other half's walk-in closet (hopefully earning brownie points :cool: ), the next job is to extend the piping that feeds the kitchen radiator and put a rad into the utility room.....
But - had a bit of cunning plan to kill 2 birds with one stone: - the only other room that won't have a radiator after I've done the utility room is the toilet, which is right above the utility room. In an ideal world I'd break into the pipes in the bedroom (sort of) next door to the toilet, but that room's got laminate flooring and I'd rather remove a kidney than go to all the faff of lifting it all up.
So - was thinking that I could run the pipes back up into the toilet from the utility room below (?) - but not sure if it's even workable or a wise thing to do... Basically the pipe that feeds the existing kichen rad runs through the void between the bedroom above the kitchen, then down the wall and into the existing rad, so a bit usure if I can run it back up the wayy to the loo??
Have attached a rough drawing to show what I'm thinking - is it unworkable to feed up to a rad in the loo?

Sponsored Links
It's a potterton kingfisher MF boiler, with a vented HW cylinder, the CH is vented as well, the pump is a grundfoss.

Reassuring (and yet slightly worrying) that one of my cunning plans might actually work :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back