Is this legal plumbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just noticed our adjoining neighbour has had some plumbing done which crosses into our boundary.
The plumber has drilled through the wall and put a drainage pipe into our soak away rather than into their own soil pipe which I’m sure is what should have been done.
We do share a down pipe from the gutters (middle pipe, 2nd picture) which goes into this soak away, but we each have our own drain/manhole cover in our front gardens, surely this is where the new pipe should go?
Any advise would be grateful.

Attachments

• F1FC9647-F3ED-40CA-B6AF-B227359FF530.jpeg
    F1FC9647-F3ED-40CA-B6AF-B227359FF530.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 6AECEC01-9A2D-4FE0-AA10-67BE1A77320B.jpeg
    6AECEC01-9A2D-4FE0-AA10-67BE1A77320B.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 151
  • CFC02E78-6EE5-4834-ACB7-2F1A6BDCE441.jpeg
    CFC02E78-6EE5-4834-ACB7-2F1A6BDCE441.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
Not the end of the world, but strictly speaking it should not be there without your permission.

No one asked for permission plus whatever drains into it could block our drain not theirs!

Sponsored Links
It's most probably a shared rainwater/foul drain.

Is it kitchen or WC basin waste?

I’m not sure as I haven’t had the conversation with them yet, the big pipe is rainwater but it does look like sink pipe to me.

Obviously I can’t confirm just from a photo, but if it does go to a soak away and it’s foul drainage they can be prosecuted by your local water undertaker.

If its kitchen and they eat deep fried food your trap may block and you will have to deal or pay for it.

Obviously I can’t confirm just from a photo, but if it does go to a soak away and it’s foul drainage they can be prosecuted by your local water undertaker.

Looks like old houses by looks of doors and cast stack

Reactions: CBW
If its kitchen and they eat deep fried food your trap may block and you will have to deal or pay for it.
That’s my thoughts exactly. It should go into their own drain which they are responsible for, although they are Victorian houses we are lucky enough not to have to share drains.

Would foul drainage mean bathroom and kitchen sinks too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back