is this ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Putting in a fitted kitchen, but will have to extend ring main from lone socket that enters kitchen would it be ok to put the new cable down at the back of the skirting board then come up vertical at each new socket all the way round the room? the skirting boards in question will be permanently covered with base units in front,but is this a reasonable thing to do rather than putting behind plasterboard at least it will be out the way. wot do you think lads?

Sponsored Links
if its going to be behind the skirting board covered by the base units why not just clip it to it, no one will see it, but better still no one will hit it not knowing it is there.

I am also concerned about only 1 socket in the kitchin. can you not run a separate ring?

can't run a separate ring would have to raise laminate (I know foolish thing to do) putting down laminate but there you go, this lone socket will be blanking plated off as i have no use for it and will only be using it to extend ring.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back