Is this okay? Kitchen Isolation Grid Plate Diagram

Radial is much better than a ring for grid.

It’s pointless as both cables follow each other and goto the same point.

But good idea about having a kitchen and conservatory on same ring. As in the kitchen it will only been kettle etc.

Sponsored Links
Radial is much better than a ring for grid.
I guess that I would say that 'it depends' - in particular ...
It’s pointless as both cables follow each other and goto the same point.
As I said to the OP, it would be more-or-less a 5mm² radial (2 x 2.5mm² cables, almost 'in parallel') - but, as I said to him, the one practical advantage over a 4mm² radial is that he would only have to get 2 x 2.5mm² conductors into each of the grid switch terminals.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Appliances should be conveniently isolated when required.

Appliances can be accidently switched on without realising, the isolating switches can help to prevent this.

When I have finished using the washing machine or cooker I can safely isolate easily by the switches above the worktop.

Why would you want to leave these things fully connected if they don't have to be?
Switches are not good enough - they can fail.

You must remove the plugs from the sockets if you want to be sure.

And then find something to block up the empty holes, to stop the electricity from leaking out onto the floor.

I guess that I would say that 'it depends' - in particular ...
As I said to the OP, it would be more-or-less a 5mm² radial (2 x 2.5mm² cables, almost 'in parallel') - but, as I said to him, the one practical advantage over a 4mm² radial is that he would only have to get 2 x 2.5mm² conductors into each of the grid switch terminals.

Kind Regards, John
Evening John,
I will be be taking your advice and run 4mm radial for the grid switches.
Should I run 4mm radials from the switches to appliance sockets aswell, or is 2.5mm radials acceptable for each socket?

Thanks

Evening John, I will be be taking your advice and run 4mm radial for the grid switches. Should I run 4mm radials from the switches to appliance sockets aswell, or is 2.5mm radials acceptable for each socket?
2.5mm² would be more than adequate.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back