Is this soil stack layout acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The soil stack for our bathroom currently runs down the centre of the rear of our house, from where the foul drain runs along the back and then turns 90 degrees towards the sewer in the road at the front.

At some point in the next few years we'd like to build a single storey extension across the back, so this stack/drain will be in the way and need moving.

However, we're about to get external insulation put on the building, so I'd like to get the pipework moved now to avoid disturbing the insulation too much if/when the extension is built.

I've drawn up what looks (to me) to be a reasonable layout for the stack, but I'd like to know if there are any flaws in my thinking. I'm guessing the main points would be where the bath/basin wastes join to the main branch, and what I might need to do to avoid syphoning...

Basically, does this look like an ok design?

Sponsored Links
I would fit anti syphon traps to basin and bath, if you flush the toilet it could pull the seals.

Its the vertical drop that pulls the seals generally aint it, never had a bother with an open vented stack.

I maybe wrong though :p

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thanks for the replies. Putting an AAV in there shouldn't be a problem so I may do that anyway. Glad to hear it looks ok though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back