Is this still party wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help with understanding if the wall still constitue as party wall?

Properties under question are two semi detached houses (not the adjoint ones but the one that are NOT joint by party wall, i.e. the detached part of semi-detached houses - if that makes sense).

Historically both houses had outhouse at the back (outside toilet/store) which are joint by party wall. In 2001 these outhouses were demolished and my side of house had an extension build on it (by pervious owner of our house). The neighbour's side remain unbuild/empty. Until new owner (our neighbour) in 2008 build a storage using our side of extension wall. (The new storage doesnt have its own wall).

Does this mean our extension wall is a party wall?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So the previous owner built an extension tight to the boundary....which is a boundary wall.

It's not a party wall, but building right to the boundary may mean issuing a party wall notice to the neighbour and getting it signed before work commences.

Same probably should've happened when neighbour fixed a structure to your wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back