Is this subsidence or just needs repointing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a number of cracks through out my home including upstirs on the right side of my house skirting boards away from the wall and on the left hand side of my house ie chimmny breast side the are majorly out its like the whole wall has left the skirting board nailed to the floor and even the floor boards have gaps in where the wall used to be. doors fall off and i have just noticed on closing the front and back living room windows they catch. you can also put a ball on the floor and it rolls all over in different directions. Any advice please im so worried.

1ST PIC:under front bedroom window the brick actually comes out of the wall

2nd PIC: under back living room window used to go all the way through untill the back wall had a full re plaster

3RD PIC: huge crack that runs right along the wall up along the celing

4TH PIC: the lower half of a huge crack that runs right along the wall up along the celing from top to bottom.

5TH PIC this is a close up of the crack near back door

6TH PIC: under front kitchen window

7TH PIC: left hand side skirting board away from wall chimmney breast side this is the worst one

8TH PIC: left hand side skirting board away from wall chimmney breast side this is the worst one

9TH PIC: right hand side skirting boards out

Sponsored Links
Doesn't look right at all. What you need is a structural engineer to come round and assess. Wouldn't hurt to dig a test hole up against one of the exterior walls to see what soil type and foundation your house is sitting on.

Clay soil? Any big trees nearby, or any been removed? Any structural alterations/additions been carried out?

nothing been done to the house, not sure what soil its on, there is a fir tree right next to my house but im sure that couldnt do anything? it a ****ty council house

Fir tree? What type? How tall/wide? How close the the wall? Trees can be thirsty, on clay they play havoc with the water levels, and you also got the roots...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back