Is this the right adhesive to use...............

D

D.I.Y-SI

I have some natural slate floor tiles in dark grey/black for my kitchen. I looked in wickes for the adhesive and the only one which looked right was- 'Natural stone and porcelain adhesive'. It says it's ok with slate however the colour is white and I heard somewhere that this could stain the tile? I asked the guy at the desk and he seems to think it would be ok. I got him to see if they sold a darker colour but he said that's the only one they stock for slate.
Can any of you professionals out there tell me if this is ok to use.
Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
White against slate will look awful and get grubby really quickly in a kitchen. Use grey. ;)

It's the adhesive that is white, I have grey grout as I agree white would get dirty quickly.

White against slate will look awful and get grubby really quickly in a kitchen. Use grey. ;)

It's the adhesive that is white, I have grey grout as I agree white would get dirty quickly.
Ah ok my mistake - glad the weekend is here!
Personally, I would advise against using white adhesive - fine if using white grout but if using grey grout you'll find the white adhesive poking through in places when you grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back