Is vinyl matt emulsion different to matt emulsion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the question but it seems as though both are different.

Now I bought some Dulux Matt emulsion a week or two ago which I add to my ceiling as a mist coat.

Realised it was going to be too costly of a job to stick to the dulux matt emulsion for mist coat and second coat at a cost of £20 a tub so ended up buying 10 tubs of Crown Matt emulsion on a special offer for £10 a tub.

Now although it just says matt emulsion on the tub, it says vinyl matt emulsion on the reciept. Is there a difference? Also is vinyl matt emulsion good for mist coats on dryline and fresh plaster

also would i be ok in adding a second coat where the dulux stuff was used as a mist coat with the new crown emulsion

cheers

Sponsored Links
anyone?

I have 10 tubs of this stuff sitting around and am wondering whether it is good enough for my premises for all three coats i.e. one mist coats and two following coats

Are there any issues with vinyl matt or anything

Throw everything away.

Just buy Glidden Contract matt from a Dulux Decorator Centre. Follow the instructions on the tub. Put the stuff on and for Christ's sake get it done and watch Eastenders or Countdown.

lol thats exactly what my family keeps telling me.

but now ive bought 10 tubs of this crown stuff. Wondering if it is as good as the dulux stuff i have used. and whether there are differences between vinyl matt and matt

Sponsored Links
Now although it just says matt emulsion on the tub, it says vinyl matt emulsion on the reciept. Is there a difference? Also is vinyl matt emulsion good for mist coats on dryline and fresh plaster

also would i be ok in adding a second coat where the dulux stuff was used as a mist coat with the new crown emulsion

cheers

I would 99.9999999% believe what it says on the tub of emulsion rather than a receipt.
How big is the tub size for a tenner? 10lt, 5lt, 4lt?

I wouldn't use vinyl emulsions on fresh new plaster or drylined walls/ceilings, use what you have.

Yes, go ahead and paint your Crown over the Dulux.

Enjoy

matt emulsion is more designed for bare plaster becauase it dont have vinyl in the paint matt emulsion is alot cheaper than vinyl matt emulsion so for 10 pound a tube if it is 10 litres is matt emulsion not vinyl. contract matt is more of a base coat paint, vinyl is a top coat paint because it is washable and contract matt is not. hope this helps

carl

kilo i had the same thing from b&q, on the receipt it says vinyl. but if u read the tub, its crown matt emulsion. it doesnt even mention vinyl. even i got bit worred first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back