Is visonic getting obsolete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am thinking to get the Visonic Powermaster 360r installed with gsm and wi fi functionality. I have been reading on their product website and it appears that their gsm module only does 2g and 3g and they no longer offer gsm modules (think it's end of their product line) Given the fact that things moving to 5g and visonic does not have any plans to upgrade their gsm modules to 4g or 5g, it will become obsolete in a year or 2 if not already.

I was wondering if it's worth installing visonic. I do not know if there are any other reliable alarm systems as resilient as visonic? I have looked at pryonix but I am spending too much on addons if I go for pryonix.

Is there any good option on the market anyone can recommend?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
LK

Sponsored Links
Visonic are rubbish and outdated - Pyronix / Texecom all day

Visonic is very good and Powerg has a much better operating range than Pyronix. If you purchased a 3g alarm today then the likely hood is that when 4g comes online your alarm will continue function just not on 4g. When people say Visonic isn’t very good they tend to say it based on 1. Powermax technology out 25 years now. 2. Lack of knowledge- they’ve never been full shown Visonic and had it explained.

Visonic is very good and Powerg has a much better operating range than Pyronix. If you purchased a 3g alarm today then the likely hood is that when 4g comes online your alarm will continue function just not on 4g. When people say Visonic isn’t very good they tend to say it based on 1. Powermax technology out 25 years now. 2. Lack of knowledge- they’ve never been full shown Visonic and had it explained.
Find me a professional installer who still installs Visonic over the other systems…. Ends argument

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back