Is water supposed to drip from Worcester 37CDI flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know its a condensing boiler but thought id ask just incase

our WB Greenstar 37CDi been working fine but have noticed water dripping from the flue, this is normal isnt it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Flue should run uphill so condensate runs back to the boiler. You still get occasional drips from the flue outside but it should never be much more than a few drips now and again.

Cheers
Carl

Flue should run uphill so condensate runs back to the boiler. You still get occasional drips from the flue outside but it should never be much more than a few drips now and again.

Cheers
Carl

thanks

Can you see the uphill slant from looking at the flue from outside?

il check tonight!

You should be able to see it but it will be very slight!

Look at it from the side and you should see it. I think from memory it's a 3degree incline minimum.

I would only worry if you are watching regular consistent drips.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to see it but it will be very slight!

Look at it from the side and you should see it. I think from memory it's a 3degree incline minimum.

I would only worry if you are watching regular consistent drips.

many thanks, will check it tonight

ive been checking it and it is indeed dripping constantly when the boiler is running, its more than a few drops, the floor is getting covered with water which led me to post here as im sure thats not normal

i first thought the condensate pipe was leaking but turns out its dripping from the flue it self, i reckon the flue has been put on upside down :eek:

il update this thread later, thanks

Have a look and see if you have a plume deflecor as well.

It should be on the flue at the very end. It should have a screw which can be adjusted so you can twist the deflector to direct the plume in a chosen direction. I have had a case where condensate was getting trapped in this fitting and dripping from that.

Try directing it upwards (if not already)

I would consider getting the installer back in any case!

Carl

Have a look and see if you have a plume deflecor as well.

It should be on the flue at the very end. It should have a screw which can be adjusted so you can twist the deflector to direct the plume in a chosen direction. I have had a case where condensate was getting trapped in this fitting and dripping from that.

Try directing it upwards (if not already)

I would consider getting the installer back in any case!

Carl

Thanks Carl, your help is much appreciated

just been reading the manual and it indeed say a builtin 3 degree slant so why cant the flue be installed exactly horizontally?

looking at the pics, i guess im looking for the "TOP" badge writtten on top the flue so ensure its installed correctly, and if it is then the flue needs to be raised a little bit to stop the water dripping out?

il try moving the deflector as stated above too!

thanks

If this one has a built in slant then horizontal is ok. Just make sure it's level in this case. 3 degrees isn't a lot and if it's not spot on level maybe it's lost the slope.

I'd check the deflector and make sure it's at least level as stated. I tend to go a little more than spot on level anyway even if it's built in!

If this one has a built in slant then horizontal is ok. Just make sure it's level in this case. 3 degrees isn't a lot and if it's not spot on level maybe it's lost the slope.

I'd check the deflector and make sure it's at least level as stated. I tend to go a little more than spot on level anyway even if it's built in!

thanks mate

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back