Isar HE24 Vibrating Noise - Can it be fixed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I've read lots of other people having trouble with Ideal HE24 boilers but mine isn't quite the same.

The boiler vibrates as in the video below, which can last from 2 seconds to over 30 seconds, and it happens more when the thermostat is set higher. Squeezing the sides of the boiler can stop it vibrating unless it is having a bad episode!

I had a chap come round to look at it and he recommended some silencer so I put some Fernox F2 in, which decreased the frequency of vibrations for a few days, I tried a second tube in case it hadn't been enough but the same happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas on possible causes of this and if it can be fixed? You can hear it all through the house and outside!

Thank you for reading :D

Sponsored Links
You need to get a registered gas installer to it. It sounds like a combustion issue. Do not attempt anything yourself.

Thanks for the reply.

My knowledge of boilers is poor :( Could a combustion problem cause this issue as:

1. The boiler can play along happily sometimes for most of the day or even if I put the heating up; I can hear it firing up and working beautifully. Then other times it will be noisy much more often.

2. There is definitely something vibrating a lot within the box, I presume this will be coming from pipes, how could this be from the combustion process?

Thanks again, I would like to be prepared for when the next gas safe person comes :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back