ISAR HE30 & Honeywell CM907 Electrical connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, advice needed.

I am replacing my Honeywell HC60NG & CM61NG with a Honeywell CM907 but I need some assistance with the electrical connections.

In situ at the moment is a 3A fused switch (See photo) to which the Earth brown and black from the Isar HE30 are connected. The Grey is linked to an extension to form a straight run.
The Black and the Brown then come back out of the 3A fused switch and along with the Grey linked connect into the back of the HC60NG
The Black went to N, The Brown went to L, there was a Red link between the second L and the A, and the Grey linked went to B

I have removed the connections from the HC60NG but need to know how I wire up my New Honeywell CM907

Please see the photos of the electrical connector at the Isar boiler and also the unconnected wires at the switch end.

Any advice appreciated

Paul[/img]
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
In situ at the moment is a 3A fused switch (See photo) to which the Earth brown and black from the Isar HE30 are connected.
Is this the main switch which turns the boiler off?
Do these wires go to terminals L3, N and E on the boiler

The Grey is linked to an extension to form a straight run.
One end of the grey goes to B, but where does the other end go?

Hi,
if you can see the 2 pictures, on the first picture with the 2 back boxes you can see a 3 core and earth white sheather cable coming upwards through the middle of the 2 back boxes. This is the cable coming from the boiler.
The black and the brown go to the 2 load connections on the back of the 3amp fused switch. The grey is connected to a red connector terminal along with the grey of the small extended bit of white sheathed cable.
The black and the brown of the small extension bit of cable are connected to the same load connection points on the back of the 3 amp fused switch.
At the boiler end of the cable that is coming up between the 2 back boxes are the connections on the second picture with the Brown to L3, Black to N , Earth to Earth and Grey to L2

Understood.

Run a 2-core to the new CM901 location.

Connect, via the 2-core, the loose brown wire to A on the CM901 and connect the loose grey wire to B.

The black and earth wires are not required and should be made safe (connect to spare terminals in the connection block).

PS What was wrong with the wireless stat that made you decide to change?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your assistance. Boiler now up and working with the programmer.

In answer to your last question.
The wireless system started to act up. Changed all the batteries, reset the RF, binded the thermostat and receiver, put the thermostat directly in front of the receiver, but still turning itself on and off at random times. Seems to be lots of problems with the HC60NG & CM61NG so decided to change to fixed programmer.

Don't know if there is a fix for this system and I will keep hold of the units just in case.

Thanks again

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back