Isar HE30 part has burned out can you tell what it is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler a Isar HE30 (installed previously by Warm Front) after a few days of inactivity blew a part out from somewhere so as i smelt the burning plastic i took the front cover of the boiler to find this part (See Picture) burning on my heater engine next to the dry fire thermistor.
Can anyone tell me what part this is i need to replace & will it have burnt out & blown from another fault/cause? :?: :?: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Looks like part of the ignition lead. You should get it checked by an RGI as there's various safety reasons this isn't a diy job. Not least you've removed a combustion cover and disturbed seals in doing so. Sorry to sound like a jobsworth but safety first every time.

No i don't think its that that part is still there with the ignition lead still fixed over it & the boiler still lights up & then fills the room with heated steam. it must form part of a seal to something it maybe a sensor or thermostat?
Have you any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If that's a small spring on it and it looks like an Allen key hole at one end then it's a part out of the auto air vent.....which I would be more concerned that water is not spilling out.

Do i need an RGI for a small plastic screw? Surely i can put one in if i can find out the part & get a replacement?

There was a water leak at first before when it first stopped working. Pallen5000 thanks for the constructive contribution. I imagine that would be an easy fitting then.

Do i need an RGI for a small plastic screw? Surely i can put one in if i can find out the part & get a replacement?

There was a water leak at first before when it first stopped working. Pallen5000 thanks for the constructive contribution. I imagine that would be an easy fitting then.

Its only easy if you know what you're doing.
You would need to replace the whole part, so getting a Plumber/heating engineer in to do it would save you the hassle, and be a lot safer.

He's a troll on a wind up. Only a fool would knowingly mess about disturbing seals and still waffle on about doing it himself. Prat.

The front on that boiler is the room sealing cover and should not be opened by anyone who is not Gas Safe registered!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back