IsarHE24 preheat plate - firing up times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, before i rip the bath panel out to see if i have a small leak on hot water tap can anyone tell me if the boiler fires up more often when the weather gets colder, it should fire up every 90 minutes but now firing up every 71 minutes, so either got a leak on hot bath tap or this is normal in the winter?

Sponsored Links
You really need to get out more!!!

yes, i already know that one

i notice because the firing up drives me nuts ever since it was put in, and thought it was going off alot more so timed it a few times, if i have a leak under the bath then the panel needs ripping off to sort, if its not something to worry about then i dont need to, but thanks for your help with my social life :LOL:

Turn off the cold inlet under the boiler and then time it.

If it stops firing up so much then you have a leak/drip.

Sponsored Links
or u can disable it !! pretty much a waste of time realy. on the new model u can disable it from a switch

thank you, i have done that now so will let you know in about an hour, after reading manual it says time can vary on ambiable temp surrounding boiler, and its cold here now, so we shall see, can do without ripping bathroom apart -lol

Turn off the cold inlet under the boiler and then time it.

If it stops firing up so much then you have a leak/drip.

From the Ideal site....."A preheat disablement kit is now available as an optional extra. This will disable the preheat - if this kit is fitted the hot water will take longer to reach temperature "

oh thanks for that, although i couldnt afford to buy one or pay to have it put in at the mo, although i do hate this preheat thing, but then it has its advantages like maybe a leak i cannot see - lol

From the Ideal site....."A preheat disablement kit is now available as an optional extra. This will disable the preheat - if this kit is fitted the hot water will take longer to reach temperature "

had two fire ups since i turned the cold water supply off, and both where 70 minutes, so im assuming it must be because of the temperature around the boiler, it has getting very cold here, maybe next year will look into getting one of those things to stop it, do you know how much they would be roughly to fit, thanks for all your help, thank gawd i didnt rip out the boxing in from around the bath - lol

The kit might cost about £30-£90 and we would charge £84 to fit including a service.

During the quiet summer months we would do it within a service charge of £55.

If you dont need to use the boiler you could always turn off the mains power to stop it firing.

If you are in Telford, I would recommend the Indian restaurant on the left at the top of the hill in Dawlish (?) where you can take your own wine. Tell Ahmed I sent you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back