Valliant Bolier VCW GB 242 does not fire after 60 degrees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.

Would be grateful if someone can point me what the problem could be on the following:

Whenever i turn on the tap for hot water i.e in bathroom or kitchen sink the boiler fires and all is well. If having a bath or washing up the temp rises slowly to 60 degrees.

after that if i close the tap and turn on the tap again the gas bolier doesnt fire up. there is a click but it just gets disconnected. This happens even if the temperature is not yet still 60 degrees.

this happens consistently and despite so many attempts for demand for hot water the boiler doesnt fire up. i then wait a couple of minutes (5mins) before i can turn the tap on and get the boiler to fire and get hot water.

this is a problem especially in the mornings when someone has just had a bath and someone else afterwards immediatly needs to the hot water to shave.

i changed the circuit board earlier thinking this could be faulty but it is still the same. any ideas will be much appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
It expensive to blindly replace parts.

Thats why a boiler engineer can be better value as you dont have to foot the cost if he gets the diagnosis wrong!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back