Ideal Combi NF80-water not hot instantly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope someone can help, when i turn the hot water tap on on my combi nf80 bolier, the boiler does not fire up, i have to turn it on and off a few times before it fires up and the water then flows hot. Also the pressure falls when i put the heating on. Also the reset buton pops out when the water flows with hot water after around 10-15mins

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have multiple faults.

The best advice is to call a competent boiler engineer who is prepared to persevere at fixing an older boiler.

Tony

thanks for that, the main uissue is the hot water, do u think that will be an expensive job?

They were an awful attempt by Ideal at making a combi.They just added some stuff on top of an Ideal Classic boiler without much thought.Heat exch,diverter,and expansion vessel all prone to failure and blockages.Don't spend too much money on repairs and get a proper combi.

Sponsored Links
someone said it could be the caliometer or the data flow switch, does this sound right?

That person probably means the calorifier (dhw heat exchanger) or a flow switch. Get it looked at by a pro and don't listen to guesswork. I repeat get a proper boiler and dump that one in a skip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back