Isolator or RCD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So ... what shall I add in?
20140928_164954.jpg

Big cable comes in and feeds DB5. Tails come out, through the meter, and supply DB4.

I'm going to replace the meter and tails, but I'd like to be able to isolate DB4 separately. I'm thinking I'll put a DP 100A isolator in between DB5 and the meter. However, as these are rewireable fuses and there isn't a RCD to be found, should I swap the switch for a DP RCD? Or fit both?

Sponsored Links
The Db has about 12 circuits, is against the regs now to have all that on a single 30ma Rcd

I guess maybe you could have an Rcd then. it could make the circuits safer.
All depends if the 4 circuits going off causes inconvenience.

Sponsored Links
I could also put a 100mA type S RCD downstream of both DBs to protect the wiring.

Winston, at the time of posting it was not clear only 4 circuits in use, in what looks like a Fuseboard which from memory has about 12 ways.

It defeats the object of 314.1 (i) for starters
Ever wondered why, Dual Rcd boards are suddenly more popular since the 18th came out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back