Issue fitting hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a CDA HVG720 to fit. I've had the worktop cut out a
by a local fitter and confirmed the dimensions of the cut out are to spec. But when I drop the hob it it's not sitting flush to the worktop in all corners.

There appears to be a secondary lip which I guess is supposed to fit onto the cut out, but this appears to be keeping the extremes of the hob proud. As you can see from the images it's fairly rough and the clamps just don't seem sufficient to pull it down, as they pull closer to the centre of the hob.

They are just weak metal clips with screws that go straight into the metal plate.

Anyone have any ideas? I spoke to CDA but customer service just said make the hole is bigger enough so I've emailed them the same pictures but not holding out much hope there. I can fit a slide rule all the way around the hob and it does not appear to be fouling anywhere. I can certainly try increasing the cut out slightly but not sure I want to start down that way just yet.

Sponsored Links
CDA are very poor quality , fitted one and called out repair three times, all failed, so eventually got a replacement.
Did not have any problem securing it though, you need the clip the right way round to secure.
You should be able to see from below where/if it's binding.
You cut out needs sealing.

Make the hole bigger. Do you intend using silicone to seal under the hob or did it come with a silicone seal.
If you are going to use silicone then that will hold it once it has cured.

Sponsored Links
I'd already sealed the cut out using silicone but if I start making the cut out bigger I'll need to do that again I know.

I guess they will be poor but they are cheap and the warranty is 2 years so I decided I'll take my chances.

Wasn't going to use silicone incase it does fail but the there is too much pressure required for silicone to hold out.

Looked underneath and does not appear to foul anywhere really which is why I'm confused, I've fitted other hobs and sinks before in the same manner.

With the clips as far as I can tell they can only go one way round, the angled bit goes into the hob, then the small bit with "teeth" on it go up into the worktop?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back